PC Express Invests in the Future and Celebrates Double Award Win
Steve and Joanne Maz of PC Express celebrated their success at the Altrincham and Sale Chamber of Commerce Business Awards 2018.
PC Express won the acclaim of their clients whose votes placed them in the top categories for:
- Small Business of the Year and
- Business of the Year.
The judge said they received the highest number of nominations.
The achievement marks a period of growth for PC Express who support clients in their own expansion as they seek to upgrade their IT systems to take advantage of latest technology.
Sale based PC Express has been successfully providing IT services to local and UK-wide businesses since 2007.
Starting out as a local computer repair shop in Washway Road, Steve set up the company to help people in the local community with their computers and IT equipment. Since then, PCE staff have repaired over 25,000 faulty laptops, iPhones and electronic devices. The company’s popularity has grown to an impressive 9,625 clients. They have an enviable reputation and an extremely high success rate for repairs.
Steve Maz said, “We survived the 2007-09 recession and wanted to help other local business people thrive.”
“We turned our skills to helping people get the best out of their IT while protecting them from the ever-increasing risks of cybercrime.”
“Every client gets a free and comprehensive review of their IT systems and the technology they’re using to make sure they are up-to-date, reliable and secure.”
Steve announced the appointment of an apprentice who will be trained in-house.
PC Express has scaled up due to their continued success, with a focus on helping clients to manage their IT infrastructure during expansion and restructure. The repair shop incorporates an IT support office.
The PC Express client base includes recognised and successful local and national businesses.
- Long term client Apple blinds is the Northwest’s largest blinds retailer with 8 shops and offices. PCE manages their IT and systems security using Cloud-based technology.
- One of their first clients, Medical Gas, is a multi-million-pound business delivering NHS contracts. PCE began by supporting a single on-site server and now deliver a scaled-up IT system using Exchange, Azure, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams in the Cloud.
- A client since 2007, Jack Russell, one of the UK’s largest debt collection firms, uses Cloud technologies in all the regional offices to run a CRM database (for which we wrote the software), lead generation and advertising campaign management systems.
- PCE have supported JUS, a gas utility contactor throughout their expansion from a single business server to a multi-VMware server setup after the company restructured.
- Local clients include: Potential Recruitment, Sale Insurance, Wilde and Sons flooring contractors, Keller Kitchens (and many more).
Supporting local communities
It’s important we continue to support the local sports community and we sponsor Altrincham FC Girls and Lancashire Junior Lacrosse.
What does the future hold for PC Express?
Steve revealed: “New opportunities are opening up nationwide.”
“My wife Joanne Maz, who has been looking after our Social Media channels for the last 5 years, is taking her service ‘to the next level’.”
Something of an entrepreneur herself, Joanne runs PCE Social, a social media training and management service under the PC Express umbrella. She’s acquired local clients, two of whom are The Starving Man and Aviary Golf and has received an overwhelming response for the service. As more businesses recognise the power of social media, PCE Social is one to follow.
“We are constantly focusing on delivering an excellent service for our clients. That’s why it means so much to have their votes as we continue to grow.”